Thursday, September 2, 2021

Rest from your Labor


Matthew 11 rings true a bit after this start to our school year! "Come to me all who labor and are weary. I will give you rest." It's a long Labor Day weekend. You have served well and faithfully these past few weeks. We've had a plethora of emotions. Thank you for your faithfulness, your smiles and your willingness to choose to see the big picture! Rest well this weekend, my friends! Cooler temps and brighter days are ahead! 

Walk a thon

Our walk a thon packets have gone out. Your only responsibility at this point is to remember to collect the envelopes from children on the 10th. Hold the afternoon of the 15th open. We'll be bussed for our annual fun at the track that afternoon! 

Tuesday

I will spend the day in the Forest on Tuesday!!! WooHoo!! That is a rare treat! My hope is to collect names from you of children whose parents have told them they should not wear a mask. That's not my favorite reason to spend the day in the Forest. But we'll get through this together. I had many good conversations with Rose Park parents on Wednesday and every one of the conversations resulted in increased understanding and renewed trust. We are also starting a task force for stakesholders from throughout HC and including the spectrum of perspectives. We hope to learn together for the sake of our children and make recommendations to the school board as we navigate COVID related protocols. We already have some Forest friends from both perspectives volunteering to serve with this group! I'm SO grateful for our gracious community who LOVES their children passionately and desires to serve God with their best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Glow

My dear friends. We have made it to summertime. I don't know how to adequately share my deep gratitude for your service this year. As we...