Saturday, May 1, 2021

Tiptoeing (or sprinting) into May


Whether you make it downtown in the next week or simply out for a walk, I pray you enjoy the intricate beauty of springtime our Maker is unfolding all around us! 

May 5

We have a full fun day planned for Wednesday, May 5. Kindergarten is preparing a very special chapel for us at 9:30 in the amphitheater! 

Our friends in Spanish Immersion will be visiting later in the morning (I'll keep you posted on the ETA) for a presentation of Cinco de Mayo! 

Please plan to come out to the pond between the high school and middle school by 1:00. You'll see Rose Park unloading there as well. We'll be treated to a 'parade' by our high school band and dutch dancers! 

Faith Statements

Last year we closed in a very odd way. This year we're going to hit all of the high marks to end the year! In each child's cumulative file, there is a written response collected each year. This is considered a child's Faith Statement. Sometime within the next month, please ask your child to write a few sentences or a paragraph if they are able about their faith. "Why do I love God?" "How do I see God all around me?" "How can I tell I am loved by Jesus?" Once completed, I'll collect the set from you and place them in your child's cum file. 

Field Day

Micah Kool is arranging field day for SS/PR/FS. As SOON as I hear details, I'll send them your way. It sounds like we'll be celebrating field day the last week of school! 

Grandparents Day/Mothers Day Spectacular

Let's confirm the broad details and then fine tune. Friday, May 21 is Grandparents' Day as well as the Mother's Day Spectacular! Monday, May 24 will be our rain date. For the convience of grandparents who have multiple siblings in the Forest, let's roll with this schedule:

9:00-10:00 - first grade

10:00-11:00 - second grade

11:00-12:00 - kindergarten

5:30 - Program

May is Asian Awareness Month

Here is a resource that may be helpful as you look at your plans for the month of May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Glow

My dear friends. We have made it to summertime. I don't know how to adequately share my deep gratitude for your service this year. As we...