Thursday, March 17, 2022

Going Viral!

We're pushing through yet another round of illnesses, friends! Keep washing those hands! 😅

Report Cards will go LIVE for 1st-5th Grade at 3:00 on Friday, March 25. 

Representative Slagh

Representative Slagh would love to celebrate March is Reading Month with ANY class from Rose Park or Forest School who would like to tune into a Zoom. Please send me an RSVP if you'd like to "attend" virtually by Monday, March 21 so I can let him know how many classes will be participating. The reading will be held via Zoom on March 28 from 12:30-1:15! 

Program Practice

Shelly Boer would like to hold two practices in order to prepare for the Spring Program, which will be held on Thursday, April 21! We can talk about the practical side of this ask. Are these dates doable for a whole elementary practice with Mrs. Boer? 

  • March 30 at 9:15 in Pine Ridge gym
  • April 13 at 9:15 in Pine Ridge gym
Meet Kirsten Crouse! 

I am SO excited to teach 4th grade within the Forest School program at Holland Christian and I am blessed to have the opportunity to join the team!

I grew up in Oxford, Michigan, however I have grown up spending lots of time in Holland since I was little. My mom grew up in Holland so we would spend several weeks every summer camping in Holland, enjoying Lake Michigan, hiking the trails, and biking with family.  

I attended North Central University in Minneapolis, Minnesota where I earned a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Biblical Studies.  I moved back to Michigan after graduating in 2014 to start my teaching career and be close to family.  My husband and I were married on July 1st, 2017 and we are approaching our 5 year anniversary!  

I have 7 years of experience as an upper elementary classroom teacher and LOVE IT with my whole heart!  I have taught in a public school as well as private Christian schools.  The Lord has definitely shown me that I am called to Christian education due to the unique and impactful discipleship opportunities teachers can have with their students.  

When I am not teaching, I love to do CrossFit, spend time with my family, play tennis with my husband, go skiing (my hubby snowboards!), hiking, biking, swimming, or watching the sunset at the beach! 

I am yearning to see the Lord at work in the lives of these kiddos within the Forest School through God's creation and real world experiences.  I can't wait to integrate God's handiwork into our everyday learning activities and to see how the kids grow, learn, and discover together as a TEAM! 



Please copy and paste in your class blog:

Looking for something fun to do as a family this weekend? Come to the Living Hope Singers' Showcase concert, “The Most Excellent ‘80s: A Night of Killer Jams and Moves!”  Enjoy an evening full of fun music, vibrant costumes, and impressive choreography. Shows are at 7pm Friday and Saturday night at the High School. Tickets will be available at the door, but they can also be purchased online at hcs.ludus.com. Feel like staying home? Livestream tickets are available at hcs.anywhereseat.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Glow

My dear friends. We have made it to summertime. I don't know how to adequately share my deep gratitude for your service this year. As we...