Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Back to Business!

One Final Team Member! Welcome, Rachael Follett! 

Rachael will be working in the first grade classroom on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We are grateful and eager to have her heart and hands supporting all of our firsties in the Forest this year! Welcome to the team, Rachael! 

Follett, Rachael
FOLLETT, RACHAELTEACHER ASSISTANT

I planted my life in Holland after graduating from Hope with a BSW in 2010. My husband, Josh, and I got married in 2012, and have since had 3 children: Weston, Caleb, and Halle. I have a lot of experience working with kids–Sunday School teaching, Young Life leading, gymnastics coaching, and (newly) foster mom-ing. Prior to the arrival of Caleb, I worked as a case manager in a late-stage dementia unit, but decided to stay home to focus on raising my children over these last few years. I used to think that Michigan winters were dreadful, but God took us by the hand and delivered us to HC Forest School for our children’s education and I’ve since become an enthusiast. The benefits and ceiling of this program know no end. I feel blessed to serve our Lord in this capacity and to adventure on in life at HC!

Playdates

Thank you, friends, for taking your own personal time to invite families to get to know each other in an informal and fun-filled setting during summertime playdates. I have had families reach out to me to express how welcoming this effort has made them feel. Our newest families are gifted with a chance to spend time with you prior to the first day and they have the opportunity to meet each other with their family member close at hand! THANK YOU! I appreciate your willingness to give up your time and welcome each new family to the classroom community you will create. This is such a unique and warm offering. I appreciate your work and dedication to serving families with our best while balancing your own personal time in the summer as well.

Speaking of Dates! 

As is agreed upon in our contract, teacher days officially begin the week of August 16. Having said that, I have seen EACH of you working hard already all summer long! I pray you have also enjoyed adventures, laughs, learning, challenges, creativity and JOY this summer as well! Good time away brings a healthy balance to our lives! 

  • Monday, August 16 we will work together in the Forest all day. Please plan on meeting together in Emily's classroom starting at 8:00. This is for all teachers and teaching assistants. We'll likely be all over the place. Bring your charged up computer, creative brain and honest feedback. Talking Ted will be meeting with us! Lunch will be provided. Let's go! 
  • Tuesday, August 17 will be an all-district day. Eric and Doug have plans for us. We'll receive fine-tuned details of that day soon. Please keep a place holder in your calendar for PD work the whole day. 
  • August 24 is our first day of school! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Glow

My dear friends. We have made it to summertime. I don't know how to adequately share my deep gratitude for your service this year. As we...